Orthodontic treatments can be done at any age, but pre-teens and teens are considered ideal candidates for braces and other orthodontic corrections. If you’re a parent in Albany or Corvallis, we encourage you to bring your child into Schanilec & Trammell Orthodontics for regular annual evaluations beginning at age seven. This way, we can identify any potential problems as they develop, rather than down the road.
Orthodontics is more than straightening crooked teeth. We want each of our patients to achieve a healthy smile for a lifetime of oral health and confident happiness. We treat many orthodontic needs in adolescents, including problems like overbites, underbites, crossbites, dysfunctional smiles and small or protruding chins. Well-aligned teeth and jawbones are necessary for your long-term oral health.
Benefits of Adolescent Treatments
We feel that orthodontic treatments for pre-teens and teens, particularly during the adolescent growth spurt, is the best opportunity to achieve the most thorough and ideal results. Some advantages of treating orthodontic problems before adulthood include:
- Detection and treatments of orthodontic problems that are difficult or impossible to treat in adults
- Ability to use less severe or invasive procedures
- Faster and more comfortable process
- Camaraderie amongst peers wearing braces
- No negative impact on confidence or success
- Lower cost of treatment in many cases